Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Master
    Keymaster

We never want to mention the price unless we first put it in perspective–and have first established value.

For example, if I ran out of gas in the country and left my wallet at home, but I have a valuable golf club in my car (the only thing I’ve got worth selling), I can use one of two approaches as I knock on the door of a stranger:

• Question: Sorry to bother you, but I ran out of gas, left my wallet at home, but I have to get to my appointment and need gas. The only thing I have of value is this golf club. I’m hoping to get $50 for it. Will you help?
    • Response: Get him Brutus!  (and you’ll spend the next hour sitting in a hot car watching “Cujo” eyeing you like a snack before he heads back to the house).

Or…

• Question: “Sorry to bother you, but I ran out of gas, left my wallet at home, but I have to get to my appointment and need gas. The only thing I have of value is this golf club. I am the former coach for Tiger Woods. Here is a picture of him using this signed club to win his first masters. It sells for $400 new–but this one can probably go on eBay for about $1,000.  I’m absolutely desperate and am hoping to get $50 for it. Would you help?
      Response:  “Honey, break that piggy bank. ‘Am gonna make us an investment.”

It’s all about perspective. You may wish to leverage this when you talk price.

The sales training section includes a Learning Management System (LMS) which has a section about the price savings build-up.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.